QuickPost Wordpress Plugin
Inspired by the tumblr.com's bookmarklet which allows users to quickly and easily post to their Tumblr blog, This plugin allows you to quickly post text, images, photos, quotes, and videos to your Wordpress implementation.
Download Version 0.7
- 0.7 - Fixed small YouTube formatting issue. Added tagging (Wordpress 2.3) and comment options - Thanks Mikkel (blog.detersmart.dk)
- 0.6 - Finished Safari Support; Added stripslashes for titles that have apostrophes; Minor Change to Blockquote formatting
- 0.4.2 -Finally added support for WP 2.3. Use version 0.4.0 if you need 2.2
- 0.4.0 - Added the ability to turn on or off the WYSIWYG Editor in the Admin screen, Added the ability to have a separate post category by post type
- 0.3.1 - Fixed YouTube.com embed bug - thanks smokestack
- Bookmarklet Access - Use it from any web page
- Selected Text - By highlighting text on a web page and selecting the bookmarklet, the highlighted text will populate the post box making it that much faster to blog.
- Image Selection - The images on a page will automatically populate the image box. Clicking on an image in the pop-up window will put that image into your blog post.
- YouTube Integration - If you are viewing a video on YouTube and click on the bookmarklet, the embed code for that video will automatically be inserted into your blog post.
- Ability to turn on and off WYSIWYG Editor
- Ability to set default category per QuickPost Type
- Download the zip file.
- Copy the "quickpost" directory to your /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Select the default category for your QuickPost posts from the QuickPost tab which is added to your "Plugins" administration page.
- To start using the plugin, you will have to add the QuickPost bookmarklet to the links toolbar of your browser. To do that, please follow the instructions on the QuickPost Settings page.
- Flickr Integration
- Grab the YouTube Username to put in the post
- Upload Images from Computer
- Safari Compatibility with TinyMCE
If you find issues or have a question, please leave a comment on our blog
Posting Text and Links